All around our unique Nature Spa Resort, you can experience untouched nature, looked after carefully by hard-working local farmers. The Gsies Valley will give you one of the finest natural experiences.
Surrounded by mighty mountains, dense forests and green meadows... Enzian, Edelweiss, dandelions, fir and larch forests, as well as quaint farmhouses and Alpine huts... This is all part of the natural landscape in the lovely Gsies Valley.
Enjoy excursions on foot, by bike or on horse-back to discover the untouched nature around you. The Gsies Valley is one of the most beautiful throughout the year. The clean mountain air has a regenerating effect and plays a part in creating general well-being.
There are many reasons why you will enjoy your holiday in our valley:
- Wonderful quietness – The Gsies valley has no through traffic.
- Experience nature at an altitude of 1,400 metres.
- Breath-taking location in the Gsies Valley – sunny, quiet, idyllic and quaint.
- All around, there are green forests and lush meadows, offering you great panoramic views of the Dolomite mountains and idyllic Alpine meadows.
- Mountain spring water – all day long and free of charge at the Wellness Hotel Quelle.
- 5,000 m² hotel garden with Vital park and natural biotope, duck and trout pond.
- Local biological products such as meat, milk, cheese, butter, eggs ...
- An oasis of quietness with comfortable sun loungers in the garden area.
- VIP shuttle – free of charge throughout the entire Gsies Valley.
- Hotel shuttle bus to the Kronplatz ski region, as well as to hiking trips starting in St. Magdalena.
- 42 km of well-cared for cross-country pistes - diagonal tracks and skating – directly at the entrance to our hotel.
- Snow-cleared winter hiking trails for romantic walks and sporty hiking trips.
- No lift facilities or traffic lights in our valley.
Should you get hungry while hiking in the grand landscape of the Dolomites and enjoying the fresh South Tyrolean mountain air, there are 13 managed Alpine huts/pubs in the surrounding area of the Nature Spa Resort Quelle (at an altitude of 1,650 to 2,150 metres above sea level), excellent opportunities for a break and a meal. Enjoy South Tyrol’s hospitality and be enchanted by the incomparable panoramic views.
Ecology - all for the environment’s sake
Every day, the beautiful nature around our hotel offers us great joy. For this reason, it is important to us to protect this landscape. At the Nature Spa Resort Hotel Quelle, we have installed a programme for the protection of the environment. We use brine/salt preparation for our indoor and outdoor pools (no chlorine!) – for lots of fun in the water without tears. Our entire hotel laundry is taken care of by Lavarent, without the use of chlorine! Our heating system is fed by a wood chipping plant, using our own local wood from South Tyrolean forest to ensure cosy and natural warmth all around the hotel.